Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Brand New Year

Today I typed up this old account that my Great-Grandma Big made for everyone. It was quite interesting to read how our CABIN was built! I wont go into detail about it, but it was quite enjoyable!

Like I mentioned in my last post, I cannot use my American Flag Gadget so...I put this on as a substitute.



I also mentioned that I was going to the New Years Fireside filming for 2009. It was a lot different than I had expected it to be.
-
We got there and the crowds were massive! We were standing about and inch from each other on the second level in the Conference Center, trying to get up the escalators. Everyone was complaining that people were shoving their way through and not being patient. We finally got into the Conference Center and we (by the way, I went with some of the Young Women from my ward) luckily got to sit on the second row on the Balcony! It was not the floor, but it was as good as the Balcony is going to get! We were even in the middle!

They said and opening prayer right as we sat down, and then Elder Holland gave a talk for about 15 minutes. Then they said a closing prayer. I was freaking out! We had come for a little talk? Not that it wasn't great and everything, but we came all of the way to Salt Lake City and then we had to go through those MASSIVE crowds? What?
-
After the prayer, this curtain came swooping and it covered the Organ Pipes and the Choir Seats. It was incredible! They projected pictures on it like it was a screen...accept cooler! It was only until then that my slow brain finally caught up with my sight, and realized that the whole Conference Center had been changed. The pulpit was not there any longer, and the seats were not there. Instead, an Orchestra--which was entirely made up of Youth, they were quite impressive I might add--was sitting on this circular platform, and around the platform, there were stairs of a sort. This guy came out and--I have been thinking about it and you could easily match this with a Barney Concert...not that I have ever been to one! MY BROTHER used to like Barney...anyway--these Youth came out and they were all introduced by the guy and then they said some stuff that I can't exactly remember. They had about 100 Youth that all came out. They sang songs and stuff. They also showed some small videos. This really doesn't sound like it was...you know...usually (no offense) church songs can be kinda cheesy. Not Hymns, like songs that are supposed to uplift you...they do...but...
-
You all probably agree...silently. I will voice this opinion for you. :) That's what I meant by Barney...a little TOO enthusiastic...you know? Who knows? Maybe they are...yes...they probably are!
-
Sister Dalton and Brother Dahlquist were there. There was a lot more to this than I have mentioned. If I did, you would be bored half to death!
-
Over the summer, I had Girls Camp and our Stake was fortunate enough to have Sister Cook from the General Young Womens Presidency come and speak to us. She talked about three things. I heard these things again last night. I have a feeling that I need to start doing them.
-
They were:

1. Pray every day
2. Read the Book of Mormon 5 minutes every day
3. Smile and be happy!

I have been told by both of these fine ladies to be 100% at this.

I am going to do that! Why don't we all?
-
The Theme for next year is: 1 Timothy 4:12

“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou and example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”
-
The whole thing was good! I felt the spirit a lot...I think that everyone did!
-
All in all, I have had a good...yesterday, and today!

4 comments:

Tabby Grey said...

You amaze me! I love this post. You are a GREAT writer! I am glad you have a blog. I found out alot more about this event by reading this than by talking to you about it here at home. Perhaps it is because Dad and I were half asleep when you finally got home? Sorry.

The Roundy's said...

Caroline, this is AMAZING!!! I am so jealous that you got to take part in that event...jealous! But you deserve it! You are such a good girl and you're birthday is coming up!!!!! YAY!

Sweet Caroline said...

Thanks Lo!

The Roundy's said...

Caroline,
Tell Laura to invite me to her blog, OK?
Love, Laurnen